View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 08:29 AM   #49
Fern

Fern is on a distinguished road
Even though the legal issue in question is that of license violation, it feels as if the topic continues to circle back to the game mentioned in the topic title. As has been pointed out several times, this merely serves to shine the spotlight on the aforementioned MUD.

If this debate is going to continue, perhaps it should be moved to a new thread, discussed as a legitimate topic of concern, and the use of the specific game's name minimized or even entirely avoided.  I for one do not feel like providing any continued publicity to the particular game itself, but I would definitely contribute more into an objectively discussed thread.

This is a subject that is regurgitated every few months, with precious little new fuel added to the fire.  Let's treat it with the seriousness it deserves, the professionalism it warrants and the decorum that I hope we're capable of... and for a change without providing even more publicity and listening to even more rhetoric regarding the unnamed specific game's lack of proper credits, its owners' ethics, its departing players' chastisements, or its remaining players' chest-thumpings.