View Single Post
Old 08-07-2002, 02:40 AM   #31
Orion Elder

Orion Elder is on a distinguished road
Brianna:
If someone asks if they can come back, is it flaming if they get highly negative responses? I don't think so. Telling someone your opinion, when they ask a question that requires or even questions that opinion, is not flaming.

As for my dislike of Ingham, he has proven himself to be racist and bigotted, and in doing so he personally insulted my dead grandfather. I have no respect for him, nor will I ever... and the fact that he tried to give advice on how people should be treated strikes me as the most asinine thing I've ever seen. If my showing my dislike of someone who insulted a deceased member of my family makes me immature, so be it.

So far the only flames I've seen in this post are my remarks to Ingham... and even those weren't so much flames as they were statements of my opinions about him, and his actions.

Molly:
No, it's not too polite to do so... however, this site is about promoting MUD sites... and forums about MUDs are MUD sites. It also demonstrates another point. I set up my forums on MUD Planet (which Synozeer knows about, btw) due to my growing disdain for the smegma that discussions here have evolved into. There are the occasional posts that show promise as a good discussion, but as of late I've seen very few.

Everyone:
Now, I think the point of these posts has been made. LikitaRenn did ask a simple question, and it has resulted in an escalating number of posts that have started down the same path (and yes, it is partially my fault) the last went. So, I apologize to those who had to wade through the pointlessness that is this post.

I believe the whole point of this topic has been addressed. If any of you have any further statements feel free. I am, however, done. My opinions have been made, and my stance on the subject quite clear.

Good day to you all.