View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 01:43 AM   #1
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
What the MUDers are reading right now?

So I've got lots of time on my hands right now, and I've never really done a thread about this, but I'm looking for some good new fantasy/sci-fi/historical/fiction/whatever.

I'll read mostly anything but I tend to stick to fantasy most of the time and I like low-fantasy, not so much magic and stuff I kind of got sick of that in high school. I'm kind of just now getting back into reading a lot and I don't like wasting time with bad authors. And besides who better to ask for reading material then people who MUD?

Some books I've read and enjoyed thoroughly and suggest for people:
George Martins Song of Ice and Fire Series (probably my favorite series so far).
The Hundred Years War by Desmond Seward. (You'll learn a lot about english and french history).
Once and Future King by TH White (It's boring but you gotta read it just for the history of fantasy's sake)

I read these in high school, but I remember liking them:
Old Dragonlance stuff by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman
The Deathgate Cycle (it's been a long time since I read it but I remember loving it)
Sword of Truth Terry Goodkind (Again it's been a long time, but I remember liking it).
Darksun series, while it's not the best literature in the world, it is a unique world, even though I don't like the high-fantasy turns it tends to take.

What I'm reading right now:
Legends: The Hedge Knight by Goerge Martin
The Tale of Krispos (just finished tonight, great book by Harry Turtledove)
The Discoverers by Daniel J. Boorstein. I'm looking forward to this book so far it looks great.

There's probably a lot more but that's all I got for now, I know I need to read more, so give me some suggestions.
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote