View Single Post
Old 04-14-2006, 12:43 PM   #37
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
I already clarified this and explained it. For the purposes of this list, the operator(s)/owner(s) of the MUD need to be professional game developers whose full time job is to maintain, manage, and develop the MUD. I could perhaps also add that the MUD must be part of a legally incorporated business, but perhaps that is too limiting. Since I started this list and this thread, I will be the final arbiter of which muds belong on the list. This is nothing different than what Anitra is doing on her excellent free-muds/no-perks list, and you repeatedly told other people it was "her" list and that other should not derail "her" list.

In other words, it does not include hobbyist muds whether or not they are run by people who develop other games or software in their primary profession.

The funny thing is, most people fully understand the difference between a professionally run mud vs. a hobbyist mud. This is a distinction that does indeed matter to a lot of players. There are a lot of people who have more confidence in a game run by professionals who have a vested interest (that of their own livelihood) in making sure the game continues to operate and grow. In fact, it is precisely BECAUSE this distinction matters to players that many non-professionals do not like this issue being discussed.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote