View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 01:33 AM   #221
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: What does "Free" Mean?

(Cratylus and Scandum, I find both of your recent posts presumptive and offensive and the reason this thread is so long. Your dislike and bias for commercial muds astounds me. If you hate them fine, but why the baseless flames? At least flame on topic and on post, please, not arbitrarily without substance.)

I have some problems with the multiple choice answers which I said I would describe in a later post, so here they are. Let's look at the options:

[ ] Payment and/or donations required to play.
[ ] Payment and/or donations accepted, rewarded in-game.
[ ] Payment and/or donations accepted, not rewarded in-game.
[ ] Neither Payment nor donations accepted.

First. Would anyone ever check that first box? I can't see any MUD on TMS checking that, can you? Would anyone here state they would check that (I'd really like to know if someone would select this option)? If not, it is useless.

Second: Option two and three are subjective. Anyone can define what a reward is or is not. If you don't believe me, read this thread from the first post to the last. And if this is the case we are back to my original two options:

[ ] This mud has some donation, registration, and/or payment features.
<Text box with Description and Payment features.>

and/or

[ ] This mud does not accept money (donations/registrations/credits) in any form.

Am I the only one that can see you are either a mud that brings in money or you are not?
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote