Thread: LPC Help
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2002, 03:11 PM   #9
kaylus1

Why on earth do that? It will also be inherited by EVERY regular room you create, that's alot of unnecessary hassle.. It's best IMO to keep base objects seperate, Why have extra BS for resettable vr_rooms in the inheritable for regular rooms.. all that makes is BLOAT objects. (This is the same reason alot of libs put doors in different files than the room files.. i.e. not every room has doors)

You are right though one could download a premade mudlib (Lima, Tmi-2, whatever) and have it done for them.. if they are using MudOS. I personally use DGD so i'm trying to help from a create it yourself point of view. But what trouble? Snowfruit was asking for a way to create virtual rooms from a single file, trying to give help on how to do it himself instead of having to download LIMA to do it for him.

You are right it is destruct(), I use it as a local function in my mudlib so ignore my ->destruct(). (as the Disclaimer states I wrote it on the board without testing), but as to your other statement, no matter how you mistype the EFUN, the problem -is- in the array. destruct(children(this_object())); WILL NOT WORK since destruct accepts object or string, not *object or *string =)

Also conceivable way of having this run is in a Daemon which controls the Virtual Rooms. In fact that to me seems like a better way. But anyways like I said feel free to email me, I have a lot of tested generic code examples that can be perused.

I also looked at compile_object() and though it does slightly different things than DGD it doesn't seem like it's worth the extra work to code it's usage into your own VR system.

Kaylus@Solice