Thread: $ Info, le Poll
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2002, 11:29 PM   #60
Dulan

Dulan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Dulan
If you will note, Lanthum, I've noted that I was wrong by my silence in responding to that subject.

While I disagree with the methods used - a poll? My complaints there were MORE than legitimate - I was wrong to get my panties in a bunch over something so quickly.

And, there's another option that I've covered and now highly enthusiastic about - Make an icon. Place the icon on all MUDs that accept any form of payment in trade for any in game benefit. Then, let all MUDs further define what they are within their 'info' link.

That way, Achaea can have their precious 'Only pay if you want!' classification. And Simultronics games can have their 'Monthly payment' classification.

It gives the benefits of both worlds. It addresses Mihaly's complaints about classifying all MUDs in one lump bunch. And it addresses the various complaints people have had about P2P's having a "free lunch" representing themselves as free MUDs. And, best of all, it requires almost no attention on Synozeer's part to enforce - It's an extremely simple system.

There is probably a few problems inherent in my suggested system, but, it manages to address the majority's issues in the best way I have heard personally so far. I honestly haven't heard of, or thought of any downsides, but I'd love to hear them.

-D
Dulan is offline   Reply With Quote