View Single Post
Old 09-24-2002, 01:13 AM   #153
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Our first priority is making an environment enjoyable enough that players will pay us money for it. Pure and simple. Considering we still have some players spending hundreds a year, who have been playing for 4+ years, I'd say we're doing a decent job of it.

And I don't wonder why the mudding community has always attacked the MUD, because it hasn't. A few vocal individuals have, but their opinions are not representative, and generally to be ignored, as they're not potential players of ours anyway.

And if no one cares about our advertising, how come the ads work? I mean, that's the only metric for advertising that matters. They bring in players, and that's what ads are for.

As for the spirit of the votes, well, that's your opinion, and the opinion of a handful of other vocal people. If you actually object to it though, do you seriously think you're going to get me to care about your opinion by ranting and raving at me? All it's doing is ensuring that the only reason I'm replying to your posts is for the other people reading. That kind of personal attack sure isn't designed to solve the 'problem' you speak of, which makes me wonder whether you care about solving what is a 'problem' in your view, or whether you're just interested in lashing out.

--matt