Thread: I'm So Pretty
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 11:06 AM   #25
Greenstorm

Greenstorm is on a distinguished road
It's interesting you say that, Yev. Recently on Chia we've had a sudden surge of middling-average people (in the shadow district, where there's lots of disease and no health care and lots of malnutrition) which is really realistic.

We're also got a bit of a glot on both ends of the spectrum-- people competing to make the prettiest chars, and now I think people competing to make the ugliest chars. I'm not sure if this is a reaction (if making the prettiest char is bad, making the ugliest char must be best) or just fun.

IMO, a good roleplayer will read the desc and respond to the physical depiction of the char until they get to know the char, so personality isn't an issue for awhile, but it's hard to pull off. RL, I know I sometimes respond pretty randomly to conventionally pretty or conventionally ugly people.

Hm, I guess RL things like hygene and socially acceptable behaviour do go a lot further towards effecting my response than anything, with attractiveness adding a little interest but not substantially changing what I do.
Greenstorm is offline   Reply With Quote