View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 06:24 PM   #82
MudMann

Home MUD: Primordiax
Home MUD: Threshold
MudMann will become famous soon enough
Re: Lets Talk about Voting - Shall we?

I have seen disagreements on this website before, but this comment is low.

I dont see any evidence of cheating, WoT has been around for a long time, it is officially endorsed by the author, and is based on a very popular series. Just because the admin have activly engaged on a promotion to get new blood, and the loyal player base have responded is not grounds for cheating. It doesnt take more than a cursory glance at their forums and website to realise that WoT has a much more active community than most of the other MUD's in the top ten have. I have personally never played it, but the website makes it seem like a very attractive prospect and will probably be the first mud in a year or so that I have logged onto... when I have some spare time.

I am sure TMS owners/admin will admit they are not the centre of the MUD universe, and being in the top 20 is not a sure sign of a great mud.. just a mud with a more effective voting scheme. (please dont think I am saying the top 20 are NOT great muds.. some are brilliant).

If WoT decided to really push for votes, I am sure they would probably be in the top 3 on a regular basis.

Being pushed with TMS votes on muds I have played I found quite annoying, and I am sure it is a difficult thing for game owners to have to ask for their players to take a little time away (even if it is measure in mins) from the game to help market it.

All accusations of cheating should be blocked by moderators unless they come with hard facts, not made up fiction, and that all posts by Anjanas should be moderated before being made public.
MudMann is offline   Reply With Quote