View Single Post
Old 05-25-2002, 05:19 AM   #8
Lily

Lily is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Lily
That's another flaw of mine.  I'll critique the heck out of my work, adding/removing progs, etc, until it becomes something unlike what I envisioned.  Many times I've had to stop and say to myself "Nice idea but does it really fit into the theme?" and chances are, it didn't.  Alot of times I thought of a clever prog to add to a mob but then I realized it would change the whole personality of said mob so, altho I whined and cried to myself cuz this prog was oh-so-great, I didn't make the change.  I've had the misfortune of entering areas where the author didn't give one whit about the player.  On an h&s mud I played, the author only cared about killing the players as often as possible.  Didn't care that all the roaming and aggro mobs with no less than 10 attacks each gravitated towards the trans room so that as soon as you were transed, you were immediately attacked by 15 mobs.  I kid you not when I say that as soon as the smoke cleared, me and my party of 3 had 40-45 corpses laying at our feet.  This is the very same area I mentioned in the thread about colors on a mud.

Anyway, I say if you DO edit your area, make sure it's beneficial, in every way, shape, and form, to the mud.
Lily is offline   Reply With Quote