View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 08:05 AM   #92
Darren Brimhall

Darren Brimhall is on a distinguished road
Re: Let's try this again...RP MUD

I was wondering when you'd return. It just...was a feeling.

And to burst your bubble as well, Squire Ambra's player also suffered from ADHD, which caused her to loose concentration and be forgetful--which came through as she played her character. She too recieved benifits from playing in character (she was one more step away from becomming a knight) but largely the Game was a source of enjoyment in her hardscrabble exsistance. She didn't, and wouldn't, use it as a crutch at all. But in the end it didtn't matter, as she was constantly being ground down by the other players. One very popular player, who helped in this, put it quite bluntly to me, "Oh, its just Ambra" then went on to espress her OOC opinion that equated Ambra to Elmer the Dog .

Some of us, including myself, did help her which is why she continued to play. But in the end the meanness finally got too much for Ambra, and she left.

I have it logged, as with many other incidents, and have willingly given copies of these logs to persons associated with Nancy and myself in Second life--largely from what she's told them. And they agree with what we've told them about Marrach, as many of them also MUD.
Maybe you'd want to talk to her about it. You'll be the first from there to actually speak to her over E-Mail, as may have promised but just can't spare five lousy minutes to do so.

Another thing is that the Ironclaw MUD is popular. Why would they not be interested in moving it to their own servers, or someone elses especially as you say if "Skotos were to dissappear tomarrow", what would prevent Sanguine from setting up their own server and running it? It could be run from something as simple as an average Computer case with a couple of Terabyte drives. Programmers can be hired, or found through connections in the Gamer Community.
Yes, it can be done quite easily--and cheaply.

Darren Brimhall

Darren Brimhall

Last edited by Darren Brimhall : 08-13-2011 at 12:09 PM.
Darren Brimhall is offline   Reply With Quote