View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 06:05 PM   #10
ww_crimson

Home MUD: Aarchon
ww_crimson is on a distinguished road
Re: "End game" content?

Thanks for the reply We have a handful of the things you mentioned already.. but I'd like to further refine and develop them.

We have offered in-game homes for a while now, but it seems only a few players are interested in purchasing them. They're fun, but don't serve a major purpose.

We're setup to do rankings through a php database, however our playerbase is only averaging about 10-15 people online and so competition seems to have died. I'm diligently working on restoring that.

I really like your idea for crafting where older players have a bit more benefit. Gives a purpose to player age.

What kind of tools are your builders using? We have a small tight-knit group of builders right now.. mostly due to the fact that mprogs require a bit of time/work to write and only a few of us have that knowledge.

We're finally introducing storage lockers within the next week or so and have a few new zones being released today. I'm hoping to old the attention of current players while we try to attract new ones. I think the most important part of your post is that MUDs have a very high retention rate -- once someone gets involved. I've admittedly been playing Aarchon for 13 years and in that time I've only tried maybe 10 other MUDs.. none of which I invested more than a few hours on. I know others have done the same.
ww_crimson is offline   Reply With Quote