Thread: Dragonrealms?
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2006, 09:33 AM   #6
Malifax

Malifax is on a distinguished road
Hi.

I played GS3 for years (on GEnie) just after it went live, up until Simutronics parted ways with ICE. I was on the original Dragonrealms   dev team way back when and GM'd in GS for a little while. I left GS  shortly after I'd rerolled my thief for the fourth time because I couldn't advance any higher than level 24. Steel golems was as good as it got.  I played  Legends of Futures Past for a year or so, a pretty good game built by a GS discontent, and then left gaming all together until some friends sucked me into a beta-stage game called Inferno. I fell in love and played hard core, and when Valhalla decided to shut Inferno down I bought the game and ran it for the next seven years.

Why do I go on about all this? Because I really, really miss the days of old Gemstone III, Legends and my player days in Inferno. They were three great games. So I'm doing something about it. I'm building a game based on the best attributes of all three. And while I know that people are going to say "You stole this from that game!" I really don't care. I want to try and capture the essence of three games that I loved and turn it into one world for everyone to enjoy. This is a labor of love.

It's called "Shadowfall," a classless skill-based game in the early stages of mechanical implementation. Roleplay is our #1 priority, as it was in Inferno. I think if you ask anyone who played the game, regardless of their experience, roleplay in Inferno was top notch.

So please Like I say, we're in the early stages but we're moving pretty fast. If you have questions or suggestions or anything, drop me a note:

-Mal
Malifax is offline   Reply With Quote