Thread: Fact VS Opinion
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 02:40 PM   #10
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Re: Fact VS Opinion

If I saw that a game was an "Armageddon Feature Set," I would expect to find a game based loosely, or partly, on the Dark Sun campaign, in a Dune setting, where magic existed but was feared/hated by the general populace. I would expect permanent death, a semi-automated combat and crafting system, roleplay not -needed- to be enforced because it was assumed, instead, where the average player age was over 20, where metal was rare. A game where the helpfiles were available both in the game and on the website, where there was no "newbie school" or stock areas, where there was no "exp points" or levels visible to the players, where damage during combat didn't echo in the number of HPs lost. A game where there existed an emote system more complex than simple "verb lists" or "social lists," and a game where color was not a standard part of the text return. I'd expect a game with templars, and where dwarves are bald, not bearded. Where desert elves were thieves, where all elves took pride in their cleverness and ability to outwit or steal in one way or another and were not trusted by the general non-elven populace. And definitely - without exception, a game involving secret, scary psionics.

Funny though, I don't know of ANY other games with all of that, or even most of that. Half isn't enough to fulfill the requirements of someone looking for what they are *told* is an "Armageddon Feature Set." So it is even more ambiguous than RPI, because at least with RPI, all the games that belong to the initial group, share a large number of similar features, of which one is enforced/assumed roleplay. Only one of those games has the features that someone looking for an "Armageddon Feature Set" would be looking for, and that is Armageddon.

Last edited by Jazuela : 04-29-2008 at 02:46 PM.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote