View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 01:52 PM   #1
Brawndel

Brawndel is on a distinguished road
Question Coding a mud using vb 2005

Hey everyone.

I've been coming on for years to ask questions concerning the coding of a mud... it has been a dream of mine since I began mudding over 12 years ago. I finally bit the bullet, and began formal training in computer programming at the local university. I've decided that I'm rather fond of Visual Basic, and have been educating myself most diligently in it's use. Though I still have a long way to go before I can call myself a "programmer," I would like to learn what I can about mud-coding in vb. Sadly most of what I am taught deals with graphical interfacing applications, and I'm not yet sure how I would go about adapting the code to a mud.
What I'm looking for now is an open source code base that I can play around with, and teach myself the workings of. I've scoured the net, and can find no up and running bases written in visual basic... I found a few listings of codes that are long dead and which used vb 6 which I'm not familiar with.
I don't know if such a thing exists, or if I will have to figure it out from scratch, but I would be extremely greatful for a nudge in the right direction... even just a tutorial I could study on my own time that would put my mind in the right frame for coding a mud using vb.
Thanks for reading, and I really hope to hear from someone soon!

Carry On

Brawny
Brawndel is offline   Reply With Quote