View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 10:15 PM   #8
SelfCoded

SelfCoded is on a distinguished road
Re: Need help with RPI-Engine

It's the SOI++ codebase (). I got all of the path stuff figured out. I'm not 100% sure about MySQL compatibility, but there are a lot of syntax and bad tables in there that would give anyone trouble regardless of their version. Here's what someone told me on a different forum.

"Oh boy, way back to the original RPI++ engine from 2007. Unfortunately, the package available from github was not the best version. A snapshot was taken, and several coders put in 3 months of work on a branch to make it easier to install and run. But there was an issue with copyrights and credit notices, so those files were removed completely and a different snapshot was put up instead. You will notice that many files only have copyright notices from 2005, and some files have no notices at all.

End result is you are looking at a lot of work. The init.sql file you have is missing at least one table (for special roles), and there are a bunch of tables you don't need (related to setting up a phpbb 2.0 forum). You may find that some tables in other sql files, don't match the tables used by the code... Good luck. After you get this sql file working, then there are 2 or 3 more. "

So I guess the codebase I'm working on is a buggy version... Since I don't know SQL, I doubt that I'll be able to fix the bugs in them. I'll try getting my hands on the Atonement codebase. I guess I'll be able to figure out the config/makefile/directory/MySQL stuff quicker the second time around, eh?

The server is one I'm renting remotely from hostmonster. It's running Red Hat. I can't get sudo access on it, but I can do pretty much whatever I want within my server directory (like chmod) and I can still browse through the main server files via ssh.

Yeah, you're right about that 32 64 stuff. I got it to use 64-bit libs and compiled it for a 64 bit system, so hopefully as long as I remember to do that I think I'll be alright. I'll just be in trouble if it calls for a 32-lib that I can't substitute with a 64 one for some reason.

=D I'm not sure why someone hasn't wrote an autoconfigure script either.

Last edited by SelfCoded : 10-22-2012 at 10:20 PM.
SelfCoded is offline   Reply With Quote