View Single Post
Old 12-11-2003, 04:51 AM   #39
Fharron

Fharron is on a distinguished road
Could we just bring this puerile thread to a close please it really isn’t going anywhere. If a group of people wish to establish a new select forum then surely that is their business, not that I can personally see any lasting value in it.

It’s all well and good to shriek in the first instance ‘why can’t we be a part’ but to be honest my initial thought was, based on creative and intellectual quality of the posts I’ve seen by a number of the members, ‘why would I want to be a part’. It all seems a bit like walking with dinosaurs to me - stagnating muds talking about tired ideas and things that are intriguingly sterile, readily apparent to anyone with an ounce of business acumen and system knowledge.

If I’d seen any of these muds make any moves towards developing something progressive, original, and inventive within their <a href=" onmouseover="window.status = 'goto: games';return 1" onmouseout="window.status=''">games</a> over recent years then I might be inclined to think differently, but I haven’t.

I think the greatest irony that is dripping from this select reservoir of knowledge is a simple fact. That with all the founders’ great experience the chosen method for drawing attention to the Mindseye (Hofstadter and Dennet are groaning as I type) was advertising on this forum – very creative grasshopper.
Fharron is offline   Reply With Quote