View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 12:23 PM   #132
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Veterans of Roleplay Intensive MUDs

My answer mimics yours, Milawe, in that the entire crux of the argument has always been you can't be called an RPI without a following the RPI set of standards. All well and good, the problem exists as you described it and that is interchanging RPI with roleplay intensive. The biggest problem the RPI group has had in claiming the term is the mindset that only RPI games are roleplay intensive. The group will argue that they don't claim that, but come on, why the term if you don't claim that. Give me a break. That is why the term RPE is much more acceptable. Either you have enforced roleplay or you do not. There is no semantic arguing about intensive roleplay or roleplay intensive, RPE can be both. Enforced Roleplay, Roleplay Enforced. No ambiguity.

In all honesty after writing all this I wonder why I should post. This argument has been made in 3 other threads with 100's of posts on both sides of the argument. Oh well, perhaps there is a need to re-educate.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote