View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 07:58 PM   #43
Fizban

Name: Brandon
Home MUD: The Builder Academy
Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Fizban is on a distinguished road
Re: Revolutionary New OLC and Scripting

I don't think it's a dead horse at all in your post right before this one you were still claiming NiMUD was derived from Merc 2.0 and KaVir just proved it wasn't. Discussions don't just conveniently end when you get proven wrong.

As far as NiMUD being far beyond any competition I'd have to disagree. It looks like it can do some things DG cann;t do but the reverse appears to be true as well. Moreso though I'd rank LexiScript as being above both. LexiScript is used in LexiMUD (a CircleMUD Derivative which no current version has been released to the public, it is the code that Aliens Vs. Predators runs on) and is derived directly from DG. LexiScript is not publicly available but goes well beyond DG and from what I can tell from your posts, well beyond NimScript as well. I have access to a copy of LexiMUD (a smaller MUD than AvP that is ran by a staff member of AvP with the owner of AvP's permission) and have played around with LexiScript on it and can vouch that unlike DG LexiScript is fully OO and whereas DG can do most anything in-game. Raze the Dead's (another LexiMUD) entire combat system is written in LexiScripts which is something that from what you've posted does not appear to be within NimScript's capabilities.
Fizban is offline   Reply With Quote