Thread: Guild Leveling?
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2002, 11:33 PM   #18
TG_Hammar

TG_Hammar is on a distinguished road
Personally I frown on areas that only certain players can level at, BUT I like the way we have GUILD areas set up on Tarmon Gai'don: GUILD areas are off-limits to ANY mob killing. GUILD areas have special eq for guild members to purchase(slightly better eq than you can buy elsewhere, but not as good as eq you can get off of mobs). GUILD areas are designed 100% for RP and IC development.

IF, and I mean IF you persist on having guild leveling areas, I suggest the use of mprogs to make it more IC. An example would be a Warder to train warriors: when you type <kill warder> the mprog commands peace, then would give a message like "So, you wish to spar and practice your sword a bit lad?" the mob grunts and emotes drawing his sword and starting the combat. When the mob dies it will emote that it bows to honor the winner of the spar and congratulates them before reloading the mob back into the room.

This is just an idea of a way to keep GUILD areas more IC and promote more RP...unless you dislike RP, then ignore everything I just said...err, wrote...umm, nevermind, just go MUD.
TG_Hammar is offline   Reply With Quote