View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 06:53 PM   #57
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Looking for an RPI, where the 'I' stands for "Immersive"

You keep talking about RPI as some standard and even you have declared that the standard was established by 2 MUDS-Harshlands and Armeggedon. The third was a derivative of Harshlands. So your RPI tag no matter how much you argue it can be used by anyone who has a Roleplay Intensive game. Yes, I know you want to resurrect the RPI standard for only your game and your subset of games, based on the RPIMUD website, but I really think you are going to have issues trying to stop other muds from using the term RPI as in "roleplay intensive" unless you go copyright it.

I run a roleplay intensive game, so I know quite a bit about it. As for RPIMUD, I have read all the forums there and every page on the site, so I'd say I know quite a bit about what they are about. Certainly not as much as you of course. I never claimed that.

Numerous. RPI's of your description? Sadly I've only played two and only Armeggedon for any length of time and years ago, so I can't comment on the current system.

Yes, I have researched over fifty games and roleplay and intensive roleplay throughout the creation of NW. To take on the features that would be most welcomed by a roleplay enforced community. It is almost funny to see the RPIMUD's first few sentences on the site about what an RPIMUD is are nearly verbatim of what a new player reads just before then enter into the RP world of NW.

I had heard of some of them and even read their descripts and/or visited their sites.

I had heard of two of the three. Did I know they were the founding members? No I did not.

I think (and I say think so you don't call me a stickman again), you are really asking my credentials in commenting about RPIMUD or RPI standard as it relates to your muds. To be honest I'm only casually versed in your gaming style. My biggest and only issue the attempt to lay claim on the term RPI as role play intensive and trying to set a standard for that term with only a small subset of similarly coded games.

I suppose my questioning such a thing could be seen as offensive.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote