View Single Post
Old 05-09-2006, 12:07 PM   #9
Luthien

Home MUD: The Sea of Storms
Luthien is on a distinguished road
Angry

Most wikis allow you to restrict who can edit certain parts or even the whole thing. However, often times it is easy enough to set up certain pages so they automatically revert to a saved state after a certain amount of time, or to just restore certain particular edits if you don't think they are very good. So far I haven't had to worry about anything. Most players at my place are moderately responsible though, so hopefully I won't have to. (OOps, hope I didn't just jinx it)

As to a WikiMUD...That's an interesting design idea, though not one I think I would probably really want to be part of. I can easily see the use for letting people change the look of stuff (we've got a holodeck type thing at our place, and it's pretty handy), but it's probably the sort of thing that would work better at a RP enviornment. Still, how far do you take that sort of thing? Just to changing areas, or did you have something more in mind? It seems like the type of thing that could wind up being a headache to administrate.
Luthien is offline   Reply With Quote