View Single Post
Old 10-12-2002, 06:42 PM   #106
GenmaC

GenmaC is on a distinguished road
It was aimed at Dulan, but I notice that other people tend to obsess about it as well.

OH LOOKS A TOPIC ABOUT P2P I KNOW ABOUT P2P OMFG ACHAEA SUCKZ!!!!1

I'm not aware of the sleezy (sleazy) campaign you are talking about, but I am aware that Achaea IS completely free to play.  Go play it for as long as you want.  It IS completely free to play.

Having read their website, I've somehow managed to discover the secret of their advantages.  They sell credits.  These can be traded in game to other players, or for things like a house, a pet, or lessons to improve your skills with (you still have to play the lessons themselves, so it's not an automatic gain).  You can't buy uber-items or experience points, sorry.

As a businessman myself, I'm appalled that you think there is something wrong with wanting to make money.  While shady may be dubious in some people's minds, if you are making money, and your players are happy (I have YET to see one complaint about Achaea itself while playing), where's the harm?

Frankly, it sounds like a whole bunch of whining to me.  I can understand that in the Achaea topic, but in every single post about P2P MUDs?  I've played on MUDs for what may be a short 8 years to some of you, but in all that time, I've yet to find a MUD with a codebase that rivals P2P MUDs.  Not to say that some MUDs aren't just as fun or satisfying, but when I think well though out, well put together, well coded, with in-depth quests and so forth, I think P2P.
GenmaC is offline   Reply With Quote