View Single Post
Old 05-20-2004, 10:09 AM   #5
Molly

Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Molly will become famous soon enoughMolly will become famous soon enough
To tell the truth I wasn't too happy with the way this competition was managed in the past.

If I put several hours of work into writing a story, I don't do that out of  sheer creative joy, or to get some graphic award to post on my website,  I do it because I want to share the story with others.

To put it plain and simple: I want the story to be read. Meaning that if my story wins any of the prizes, I expect it to be published somewhere on a website, if possible permanently, but at least for a substantial time.

The two last times this contest has been run, this didn't happen. Not even the three top stories were ever published. There was a discussion about it on these boards, and the comment I got from the admin running the contest was, that it was too much work for him to convert the stories into HTML.

To me that isn't satisfactory. I think it shows little respect for the amount of work the winners - and all the competitors for that matter - put into their stories. So we are expected to give up the right to the stories we send in, but we don't even get them published somewhere? I think that's a bum deal.

Unless there has been a change of policy this year, I think I'll pass on the contest, and put my efforts elsewhere.
Molly is offline   Reply With Quote