View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 05:36 AM   #61
misao

misao is on a distinguished road
Re: What are the differences between a MUD and a MUSH?

Edit: I've received a kind reminder from a fellow forumer and have removed my response to this. If you wish to continue slinging baseless insults at me, that's your call.

So tell me, where are they? I'm not just basing my claims on my own experience. I've seen the logs that other players who support Armageddon have posted here. Why don't you post some of your own to back up your claims?

Right, like I said. Put your money where your mouth is.

You obviously don't know anything about the country I'm from or you wouldn't ask this. Probably 90% of publishing houses here do not publish fiction; because my average countryman reads 2 fiction books a year, according to studies. The few who do -- well, let's say you've to pay -them- to take you if you haven't had any books published before. I know someone who's done it -- it cost her 5000 dollars, and she didn't get half of it back from her sales commissions. (She wasn't a good writer too, honestly, just a really rich kid) Other countries don't import our books, so the market is small and stagnant. Sorry, but I'm not gonna spend 5000 dollars that I may or may not make back... just 'for fun'.

I do contribute to several online ezines, and freelance for a few local newspapers and magazines. That actually -makes- money to help with my student budget, instead of being a drain on finances. One day when I've emigrated perhaps I'll consider trying to get published.

And for the last fscking time, I did -not- say Arm had NO good writers. Honestly, if the first ten or so people you interact with at various times aren't good writers, chances are that the majority aren't. Yes, there may be clans where the good writers have all flocked together -- I have -never- denied this. There's probably some RP-intense clan on some H&S MUD where they have stellar RP, too -- does that mean that you can't say H&S's don't have good RP in general??

As for the MUSHes I've played, frankly, on your 2nd or 3rd RP scene you will bump into a good writer, most of the time. If I RPed with 10 people on a MUSH and all of them constantly put forth 2 word emotes, I would say the average writing quality there is poor, as well.

You're just getting your panties in a rut because people have -dared- to say something bad about -your- favourite genre, which must be -perfect-. Guess I should get my panties all in a rut and take it personally when people say that British people speak better English than Asians in general, too, even though those same people said that they thought Asians were generally good at math.

Last edited by misao : 09-24-2009 at 08:14 AM.
misao is offline   Reply With Quote