View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 10:31 AM   #2
Heathen

Name: Jim
Home MUD: NCMUD (ncmud.org:9000)
Heathen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Heathen
Re: Another looking for mud post

My MUD of choice is NCMUD (ncmud.org:9000) and it is hack 'n slash as you desire and has a strong focus on player interaction. However at the moment it usually only has a few active players on at a time. Most of the players have been around for a few years but newbies are brought into the fold rather quickly, if you log in and see a character named Booth for instance he has been playing a little less than a year, but you might ask how long it took before he felt "home" on NC - and I think he will tell you it wasn't long.

So like I said right now there might not be that many players on during our less active hours, but at night we usually have a good 4-10 distinct players - and I'm actively trying to get more as you can see

Our crafting system is really basic to be honest, but it does account for a large portion of the higher end trade items. Players don't craft items from scratch but can affect change on items gathered in game improving the items or by destroying them (it's quite a risk!).

To log out it is generally enough to recall to the main town and lose link, or return to the receptionist in the hotel - if one joins a club a receptionist is provided in the club house. Rent is free.

Roleplaying is not enforced or necessarily desired - the MUD is varied and split into two parts, a "modern" part and "D&D" part, you will find zones like Narnia and Xanth on one end of the spectrum and zones like Silicon Nightmare or The X-Files on the other. It really makes for an entertaining game. Also NC is one of the largest free MUDs around, as it started in 1992 and has been actively developed more or less since then (it is based off of the original VieMUD code, which was based off of the gamma release of Diku).

I hope you will check it out if it sounds like something you might like!
Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote