View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 05:03 PM   #2
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Re: Builders, what do you look for in a MUD?

RPI or at the very least, RP-enforced. Because I wouldn't play anything else; therefore I won't build for anything else.

I like gorey stuff, blood and guts and congealed fat and coagulated blood and leg-bones sticking out through torn flesh.

Anywhere between 4 minimum and 15 maximum. Most people skim over anything more than 6 lines, and the people who -do- read the full paragraph will only do it once. So I try to say what needs to be said within 6-8 lines for -most- rooms, and certain "special" rooms would get extra detail.

I'm really bad at building NPCs, but I've created a few non-mob types, such as avatars used to promote plotlines - little lost/kidnapped girls, orphan kids, oracle witches, etc. etc. Those are pretty fun to do.

I'm accustomed to the DIKU-style building system, and the MOO building system. I like them both and would probably go nuts if there was a way to combine the two into a single system.

General though I got a kick out of doing some building for a steampunk once and would love to see more of those.

I like it when *I* have free reign, but I also like being the one to make the rules when it comes to building. I've seen some pretty ridiculous guidelines in the past, and I've seen games with no guidelines at all. There needs to be someone setting limits, and the limits have to be reasonable, and have to address a *reader's* perspective.

No.

Either or.

Not at the moment
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote