View Single Post
Old 08-16-2004, 02:05 PM   #29
Valg

Home MUD: Carrion Fields
Valg will become famous soon enough
Quite obviously, when the majority of MUDs allow previews, it might give the impression that those who disallow it are afraid of the stuff they might get...

I'd agree with this opinion.   I think it says a lot about how much they trust their customers as well.

I read the reviews on other games from time to time, at least if I've heard of the game and think they're relatively similar to ours.  It's helpful from an admin stance to see what people like/dislike about the places they play/leave.  Not as helpful as being able to read our own reviews (e.g. if someone claims the global chat channel is intrusive or helpful, that does us no good, since we don't have one), but helpful.  We've always left reviews enabled for this kind of reason, and because we're confident that our product will do well in a grass-roots sort of way.

It's curious that you're even allowed to silence reviewers.  If I visit this site, and I want to talk about my experience on a game that silences, I'm effectively barred from doing so because that game's admin doesn't want me to.  I can talk about any other MUD topic I want (and even some non-MUD topics in the right forums), but I can't talk about their game.
Valg is offline   Reply With Quote