View Single Post
Old 08-26-2004, 04:29 PM   #123
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
I want to make sure I'm understanding the concern here.

Some people pay for points that can be spent in the game on certain things.

Some people don't pay for points and get them anyway, eventually.

Some people earn points in ways other than "paying" or "not paying."

Those are the facts as I know them.

Another fact as I know it: Some of those things that points are spent on, are things that can be taken from characters if those characters break a rule or disobey an IC superior officer or otherwise "higher ranking" character.

Please note the above has no bearing on players - it's an IC situation and affects the characters after the points are distributed.

Now...using OOC means, you get IC benefits. Once you put those benefits to use, it becomes an IC situation and has nothing to do with whether or not you acquired those benefits ICly or OOCly. The reprocussions of abusing those benefits are dealt with ICly - by stripping the character of those benefits.

The issue as I think I understand it, is that some players are given the ability to strip another player's character of certain benefits, even though that player paid cash for the points that were exchanged for those benefits.

Do I understand that correctly? Yes? Good. Now we'll get to the issue at hand:

It is no one's business but the staff and the individual player that the player paid cash for those points. HOW those points were acquired - is not YOUR business. If you are playing a guild leader character, it does not give you the right or privilege to know that Joe Newbie paid cash for his points. That is confidential information.

How do you suppose the guild leader can say "Well he paid cash so we can't kick him out, but she didn't pay cash so she's outta here?"

And how do you feel this would affect the integrity of the game, if the "haves" in real life got things that the "have nots" didn't?

By arguing against an even spread of treatment throughout the playerbase, you are suggesting that paying customers receive benefits that non-paying customers aren't entitled to.

And THAT - is the REAL issue that started all this crap. The primary basic accusation that Achaea gives things to paying members that non-paying members can't get. And because that accusation is just plain wrong - false - untrue - BECAUSE of this non-truth - Achaea cannot allow those paying customers to abuse the privilege of acquiring points and spending them inappropriately, while preventing non-paying customers from doing the same thing.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote