View Single Post
Old 06-10-2002, 04:38 PM   #7
Chapel

Chapel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Chapel Send a message via AIM to Chapel Send a message via MSN to Chapel
Angry

I am 100% for realism, PROVIDING that realism is a factor of the game. Let me explain...

In most MUDs your character starts off at age 17 or there abouts. This tells me that for 17 years my character has been eating, and drinking, and hopefully getting laid, etc. Now if it is the typical fantasy world I will assume my character is pretty adept at living.

So in this instance, I would be against "You are getting hungry" and "You are getting thirsty" especially since I can live for 30 days without eating, etc. etc.

On the contrary, like someone said previously, if the theme of the game IS survival and that food is rare and water is rare, then it is definately something to add to the flavor of that world. In general, however, I doubt it is something needed.

As for armor size, weapon weight, fatigue, equipment breaking, etc. I am 100% in favor of it. Nothing is forever, especially not a sword you slam around all day long. Eventually that whetstone will wear your blade out and it will go poof.

Chapel is offline   Reply With Quote