View Single Post
Old 05-12-2005, 02:13 PM   #6
Realedazed

Home MUD: Armageddon
Home MUD: Harshlands
Home MUD: DartMUD
Realedazed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Realedazed Send a message via Yahoo to Realedazed
Well, I don't like RPing in RP-encouraged games.  I hate to sound like a RP-elitist, but sometimes I don't really want to RP in a MUD unless it is a RPI.  I say this because, in my experience, it seems that  if there are levels to gain and gold to loot, everyone will be doing that  instead of RPing.

For example, I played on a game that was supposed to feature H&S, RP and PvP.  Most of the RPing elements were there, but for some reason everyone was out trying to gain levels.  This was a fairly new game and it opened before the highest hunting areas were completed.  So when the players reached the highest available level, they complained because they couldn't level any higher.  There was a lot to and a lot of players and interact with. This game had the various "psychic" channels that everyone in the game heard. But, except of OOC, they were silent.

Now, I know someone is going to say "Why don't you just start up some RP" Well, to answer that I did. When I got tired, I just left to my lovely RPIs.
Realedazed is offline   Reply With Quote