View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 12:40 AM   #4
Parhelion

Name: Sarah
Home MUD: Ethos
Parhelion is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Parhelion
Re: Veterans of Roleplay Intensive MUDs

While I've not turned my backs on MUDs in general, I will say that I've been without a home MUD for quite some time and, after giving some of my old favorites numerous tries before finally being repelled again for the same old reasons that Prof's mentioned, I don't think that is going to change anytime soon.

I've heard about the number of new games opening up but therein is the problem: they are all still in Beta or Alpha. And a few of the rising stars, while excellent games that I will gladly support, just don't suit me because they don't offer the kind of experience that I personally want on a day-to-day basis.

Like Prof, I'm spending my time these days working on a MUD of my own or contributing to community services. Unfortunately, my game is in a much earlier stage, as I'm still just trying to write the base code and get the place set up for more streamlined development. I don't see the project going the way of [insert dead MUD here], because there's much more on the line than just my fancy with owning a MUD, but I also don't see it popping up in any listings any time soon.

I do know that I have a few different main goals than Prof's TSOY. While we are still technically going after the same audience and overlap in a few major features, we are still offering different things.
Parhelion is offline   Reply With Quote