Thread: Fall Back areas
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2002, 04:54 PM   #7
Molly

Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Molly will become famous soon enoughMolly will become famous soon enough
Since I am Head Builder, I have to check other people's zones all the time, before they can be added to the game. Typos, grammar errors, room linkings, object and mob balance, scripts, resets - all these things need to be checked. It's awfully boring, but someone has to do it. So, having to do this boring job means that creating things of my own gets almost like a reward.

When I am on a creative spree, I have the zone in my head almost day and night. Naturally there are long periods when I am not nearly that intense. During those periods I fix up the old zones to meet our current standard, and also build some large grid zones, which mainly have repeated descs, since they are mostly transport areas between the 'real' zones. For instance, right now I am working on a 1200 room grid, which will be the overall map of Ancient Greece. It will be used as entrance to a number of 'real' zones; Crete, Troy, Kolchis, Mychenai etc. Thee real zones need a lot of creativity, the grid mostly just needs accuracy in setting the exits right.
Molly is offline   Reply With Quote