View Single Post
Old 03-02-2006, 08:24 PM   #3
Zion-Altari

Zion-Altari is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zion-Altari Send a message via MSN to Zion-Altari Send a message via Yahoo to Zion-Altari
A'ight, well... Well... I'm probably not the best person to be trying to help you find a MU*, but I'll give it a go anyway.

Roleplaying... Thats what a MU* is all about, isn't it? However, it seems obvious to me that people can't exist in a strict roleplay environment all the time, when you just want to get out, and complain about your computer lagging or something. That where Akanbar is good, though it's got a somewhat small player base, it's much bigger then it was a year ago, and no ones going to jump on you for going ooc occasionally. Friendly players, and helpful Imms will help you along the way, and are free for a chat IC or OOC anytime should you feel like it.

Once again, this is where Akanbar stands out from what I see. Most MU* have a basic combat system, hit "KILL MOB" then just sit and watch as you slowly stab or wound the mob automatically without even having to do anything, asides the minor heal spell here or there. Akanbar however has a totally different combat format, which is easy to understand and use, as well as tatically and stratigaclly challenging. Rather then just hitting a single "KILL" command, each and every attack must be inputted by the player, but of course, there's so many different attacks that you can use. so if you get bored just swinging your sword at the roc, walk up to it, and knee it in the groin instead.

While I've never tried GodWars 2, I can assure you that Akanbar is not lacking in quests or RP in any way. We've several automatic quests, which reset quite often so everyone has chances to do them, and Imms who give out quests as wlel occasioanlly, to make sure no one gets bored. Fancy a game of CTF for some higher skills, or trying to answer a quiz for gold, it's all there.

Akanbar seems to me what you need, Rich world which is being updated constantly by our Imms, deep combat system, and plenty of RP oppurtunities and quests to help you along as well. There's always someone willing to help out, so come along, and give us a try, I'm sure you'll like it
Zion-Altari is offline   Reply With Quote