Thread: Whats to do?
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2003, 12:09 PM   #8
Derk

Derk is on a distinguished road
A lot of it depends on if the IC girlfriend is roleplay or not. All of the IC girlfriends I have had were just for status or whatever, it wasn't serious and I wasn't emotionally involved. Kind of like joining a guild, or a city.

A lot of them I was really good friends with OOC too... that just always seems to work with me.

If I found myself getting attached to any of my IC girlfriends, I would consider it cheating. And while it appears that only I know if I am getting attached, someone who is in a relationship with you CAN TELL when your heart is somewhere else. And once you are cheating period, you need to reevaluate and do some self-examination.

And converserly, communication is important in any relationship. Some people have open relationships that actually work. Its all about needs, if a game is providing needs your partner cant.. thats something to look at. The one thing a real life girlfriend wants to feel, is that she is valued more than any other woman. No one likes to feel second best.

I used to think IC relationships were stupid and pointless. Now I reconsider. Take the girl who left the guy she was living with and married some guy on evercrack. I don't know any details on the situation.. but imagine this.

A large amount of males only value females for their bodies. Its quite possible she discovered the wonderful world of.. oh my god I have something else to offer a man besides sex, online.

On the other hand, A large amount of females only value themselves by their body. The cold reality hits online that they may have a perfect body, but it doesn't matter and they have to actually be nice and provide something a little more.

Just my $0.02.
Derk is offline   Reply With Quote