View Single Post
Old 08-09-2003, 02:17 AM   #3
Khadgar

Khadgar is on a distinguished road
Zmud is the client ive used for the last year or so.. and I must say im not a huge fan of the mapping feature.  I could never get it to work right.. id always have to fill in everything manually.. and honestly that is a lot of work.  Its much easier if mud X just has the automapper snippet coded in.  

As far as RP goes I am looking for a medieval based mud.  I am not a fan of permadeath for the simple reason I dont want to spend 2000 hours in a character and loose it again.  In my opinion there are a lot of death systems out there that work better.  For example, ones you die then become a spirit.. then wonder around some ethereal plane trying to get out some how or even the ones where you become a ghost and have to find a new body somehow.  

To be honest I have never played MUSH but I am a fan of D&D games.  I have played on a leveless and a level-based system as well as a class and classless system and i liked both really.  I could put up with either JUST AS LONG AS they are well balanced.  

I am not looking to play-2-pay.  I just want to have some fun before college starts and i start working on my own mud.  I dont mind if the game has play-2-pay features like character upgrades.. just as long as any player can reach that power level even if they dont pay.  Guilds, clans, player and imm rp are total pluses to what im looking for, but not necessarily a requirement.
Khadgar is offline   Reply With Quote