View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 07:25 PM   #46
illusoryneptune

illusoryneptune is on a distinguished road
Communication within the MUD over global channels is acceptable. Any other in game OOC contact between staff and players should be recorded and reviewed.

My views may seem extreme but coming from a game where I have seen so much nonsense with my own eyes in a relatively short period of time, I feel that these measures are necessary. The constant bickering over favortism, RP hoarding, fame/exp awards...This doesn't happen spontaeneously and without reason.

If players knew that the staff was dedicated to maintaing the highest level of professionalism and fairness, it would increase their trust in the staff. I know that I would be impressed if I saw cheaters being kicked off the game without any excuses being made and staffers being censured for unfairly aiding their friends.

Maybe I am being negative when it comes to staffers, but I like to think I am being realistic. The internet and MUDS are virtual places. It's easier to do things like cheat because you never have to face the people you've wronged in real life. Which is why every potential staffer should be carefully screened to be sure they are trustworthy.
illusoryneptune is offline   Reply With Quote