View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 01:44 PM   #5
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Which MUD has the best combat system?

Indeed subjective. For PVP I'm sure most would point to PK devoted games with complex systems if they like that. Some might say PVP in what instance, because does PVP mean PK PVP or just conflict player vs. player. And do you like robust, complex combat with with a thousand variables and ranged weapons, guns, lazers, armour, shields, etc. Or do you like simple melee? All based on player preference, I'd say.

Then you turn to PvM which can include another variety of styles from simple mobs and solo fights to huge groups, combined combat and intelligent mobs. Which all leads back to player preference.

Personally, I like large campaigns utilizing multiple skills, but not ultra complex so that it becomes impossible to figure out what is effective or not because you have 100's of varying styles of defense or offense (eg. Simple punch - Balled fist with pinky showing/hard fist/knife hand/knife hand 3 fingers/fist with thumb extended/half fist...etc etc.)
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote