View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 03:46 PM   #9
RP Kris

RP Kris is on a distinguished road
Re: RP Enforced or RP Mandatory MUDS

I think at the bare guts of this point you and I agree. The only thing that I will say is that sometimes the acceptable way for someone to send an OOC message on an RP enforced game is an OOC tell. One of the MUDs that I played didn't have any OOC channels and telepathy or tells was restricted, but if you had to send an OOC message to someone you could use an OOC whisper by game rules. You had to identify that it was OOC in the message and you weren't allowed to use them to hold long conversations. I do think that such things can sometimes be a slippery slope since it could be used as IC the majority of the time and OOC on rare occasions. It might be better for the game designers to code the some type of OOC tells or whispers that are to be used only in such cases that OOC communication is necessary. Such a thing would likely cut down on confusion and abuse.

The most important clarification to me is that any OOC communication is clearly delineated as such, only done in a way deemed acceptable by the game administration, and doesn't have a grave impact on the RP environment.

Last edited by RP Kris : 03-15-2008 at 03:57 PM.
RP Kris is offline   Reply With Quote