View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 11:54 AM   #22
Verbannon

Home MUD: Shadowgate
Verbannon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Verbannon
Re: Enforced sexism?

I mean I've seen female characters RPed as extra womanly but generally the only people who tell them to get the prostotutish sex having bum in the kitchen to make them a sandwich are the people playing a jerk character. And I think that may be a bigger issue there.

Its easy to RP racial discrimation, because there are generally easy built in reasons for it. extra life length, tendencies towards evil, competition for resources ect.

But where sexism is concerned, first off I'm not even sure what discrimination would be like. Unless you assume that the culture is a place where women are supposed to be married off as soon as they are old enough to do it. In which case immediately making every player woman an outcast regardless of how they are RPed.

If you just want women to be enforced as the weaker sex then, well actual discrimination will still be seen by the players as a jerkish or lawful stupid act. So still pretty much limited to those two types actually discriminating beyond the rest of the players having like two seconds of RP where they act pleasantly surprised at how strong the woman is, or just try to continue acting the part of the manly protector anyway.

Lets just face, Sexism is considered a bad thing, because it honestly is. Players will have a hard time making a sexist character who isn't a jerk or generally bad. And will have a really hard time making their otherwise good, decent save the baby from the burning house character sexist.
Verbannon is offline   Reply With Quote