View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 12:32 PM   #8
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Sort of beginner looking for MUD to play (lots of info, long post)

Hello Vendayn!
I am also a post Ultima Online buff who left online graphic rpg's for the beauty of true roleplaying in a textual world.
I looked over your requirements and to rephrain from repeating them all I'll give you some choices that I would recommend based on your request and responses.

First I will recommend some other games then give you details of why you may wish to try New Worlds Ateraan.

1. For post apocolyptic my first choice would be Atonement.

2. Another choice might be Armaggedon. However the functionality is very difficult and requires alot of reading.

The first two are heavily roleplay intensive. Be aware of that.

3. For crafting you would want Primordiax. It is also a huge world with innumerable places to explore.
This one is also roleplay required but on a much more relaxed atmosphere. You stay in character but aren't beaten over the head by it.

4. For quests and thought provoking brain twisters in a strange and different genre try 4Dimensions.

5. For personal gain and self reliance try God Wars II. This one is a player vs. player one that revolves around pk. (I forgot it hence the edit).

There's the others. Now here is why you should try New Worlds Ateraan.
1. A great staff and guide group to help you get to know the game, roleplay, and functionality.
2. A tutorial to help you get to know the game, roleplay, and functionality.
3. A very thought out and indepth epic world with a rich background and design.
4. A large playerbase for enjoyment in roleplay, interaction, and group adventuring.
5. Ships, houses, caravans, invasions, theater, auction halls, fishing, whaling, pirateering, questing, mountains, valleys, cities and on. Everything you could ever want in a world.
6. The game is based on a novel that you can read online at the website for serious immersion into the world and history.
7. Events are staff and player driven and happen frequently to create a strong environment and community.
8. Roleplay is required, however, many are new to this and there is no requirement to speak in archaic english or other silly thing. We just require you to remain in character and not talk about football while in the game.
9. Areas where non roleplay (out of character talk) are available for the betterment of community involvement.
10. Races and guilds are fully developed and structured superbly with unusual races and guilds as well as common ones.
11. Two cities to start in. One in the kingdom for a more structured and easier beginning and one in a very very harsh environment for those who like the challenge.
If you try the game PLEASE start in the north (or kingdom), you will learn the game much better without frustration.
12. An excellent creation setup for the advanced player or the beginner.
13. The game is entirely Free. You can donate but if you want to keep your money for your rent you won't be taken out back beaten and robbed.
14. You mentioned that you read Terry Brooks. There is a little bit of the feel of that in Ateraan as well as Raymond E. Feist if you are familiar with his books.
15. A lot more that you really have to play the game awhile to see for yourself.

That's it. I welcome you to try NWA and see what you think.

Last edited by Newworlds : 01-01-2011 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Forgot a Mud Recommendation
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote