Thread: Java Applet
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2003, 07:58 PM   #2
Lodes

Lodes is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Lodes
Hey,

I was going to write a java applet client for the game I am developping with my team. I personally would be very interested in you releasing such a java applet.

Though I have a few questions, since you were not clear. Would you release the source code? If so under what license?

I would need to make modifications to the client to be able to support a few special features, so this is why having access to the source code would be very helpfull. I could, I guess release my source modifications if I have to, but I would prefer if my players just didn't have the implementation of our protocol readily available. Of course they could easily find out, but I don't want to make them feel like it is encouraged.

If you need some help in the development of the client, I would be glad to help. Including maybe getting an artist in my team to help make a few graphics if needed.

So to recap: Yes, I would very much like so, especially if you release the source code and we are free to modify it. If we have to release all our modifications, I would still use it but I would prefer not to have to release all of them.
Lodes is offline   Reply With Quote