View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 10:26 AM   #7
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Re: Looking for an RPI, where the 'I' stands for "Immersive"

I think the OP is simply applying the term "RPI" to something that isn't what most people know of as an RPI.

He's looking for autoquests - RPIs tend to shy away from those, because they detract from roleplay rather than support it.
He's looking for multi-classing - he wants to be the uber thief/assassin/ranger/warrior/mage all in one, and he wants the potential to be good at all of those things. In an RPI, you are good at what makes sense for your character to be good at; if you strive for uberness in everything, your character won't be believable and you will ultimately fail.
He's looking to -not- die. RPIs are perma-death.
He's looking for giggling hobbits and bouncy elves who worship the dark gods when they're "being" dark elves, but have no particular reason to worship those dark gods, except that those gods were one of the several options available in chargen to pick from. Well that and maybe he gets the "ultimate eye-poke of doom" skill as a bonus for picking those gods over the other gods with the "uber dastardly destructive clothing crafting of death" skill.

I don't see any part of his post describing what most people refer to as an RPI, except the term itself, which in his case I'm pretty sure is a misnomer. I suggest he try GemStone. A true, pure hack-n-slash high fantasy pay-to-play with tons of autoquests and opportunities to roleplay, though roleplay certainly isn't required. They even have altars that his character can empty his bladder on, and a cackle command!
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote