Thread: LFM
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 07:01 PM   #2
Sabrelon

Sabrelon is on a distinguished road
Re: LFM

Just in case you haven't checked it out just yet, I'd like to throw a plug to Isles of Aedin.

It's roleplay enforced but nothing close to an RPI's I've played. Which, in your case, seems like a good thing. The Races and Lore in the game is top-notch, as it's easily the most in-depth original MUD I've ever played. All of the players I've seen are mature and fantastic at the roleplaying and don't come off as kids like in some of the MUD's I've played in.

The class system is fantastic, from what I've seen. The game is still in Beta so there's some kinks being worked out, but each class and race have their own distinct ups and downs. When it comes down to it a Rogue is used for his own talents, and definitely won't get by as a tank-like character a Warrior would. I haven't played as any of the casting classes, but from what I can tell they're all rather varied as well.

Though there is a strict no-automation rule, there are usually things you can find to do and still not be too busy in-game. PVP Is unrestricted but you won't find any players who sit around and just kill people constantly, as it's not a huge part of the game. And, it's entirely free. No pay for perks system, nothing.

Check it out if you want to, I'm enjoying it.
Sabrelon is offline   Reply With Quote