View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 03:06 AM   #75
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: What does "Free" Mean?

I seriously boggle at the concern over games that are free, games that have a paying system, and most of all advertisements on TMS. Come on people, is it truly that hard to just go and play ten or twenty muds that "look" like the type of mud you enjoy and find out for yourself if the value for the product is there? That is what "test driving" is all about. The issue over who says they are 100% free, 20% free, or cost your first born to play is irrellevant, because no matter what you put in your mud bio, the truth is only found when you actually play the game and decide if it is what you want whether it be free or not.

And on the ad note: Why in the world would anyone care who advertises or who does not on this site? The simple fact that we signature our posts here is advertisement. The fact that we talk about our muds or other muds is advertisement. Have a little respect for the Forums here, the people who post here and the people who pay to keep this place running.

I have played at least 5 of the games on the top forty list here and a few not on the list at all. And every one of them have things of value in them, but like I said a page or two ago, games that have a paid staff can offer a certain level of consideration to the players that in many cases can not be offered from games with a volunteer administration and staff--You get what you pay for.

It is up to you to decide what you want in a mud. That's all.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote