View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 10:17 PM   #54
Guardian

Home MUD: moo.sindome.org:5555
Guardian is on a distinguished road
Re: Dealing with RP Attention Hogs

Ah.

I think your and my views on roleplay are different. To me, roleplay is a fluid, living thing. There is no 'scene', there is the world and the things that happen in it.

So if someone tries to crash a wedding, that's what's happening. Is the wedding 'ruined'? Maybe. That's an IC event, and players can deal with it ICly. Maybe the couple getting married will be stressed over it and break up, as a result the two factions they each represented end up clashing - maybe even leading to an all out war? That sounds like a good story and lots of potentially excellent, self-perpetuating roleplay right there.

And if someone gets butthurt because something didn't go their wayl, they need to grow up, roll with it and make it fun. That's the whole point. Roleplay is entertainment, not a surrogate life where everything always goes swimmingly. Where's the excitement in everything turning out as planned?

As for the dramahog, if he messes with the wrong people he may just end up dead in the gutter. If that's what he wants, hell, who am I to complain?

Edit:

In fact, here's an idea. Briefly roll a character on SD and try to 'disrupt' RP. And you will see the players deal with it ICly without staff assistance and probably enjoy it to boot. I'll even donate 10 bucks to the MU* of your choice if they get OOCly upset about it. I have faith in my peon..er..players.

Last edited by Guardian : 10-14-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote