View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 09:36 AM   #71
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Re: RPI, RPE, and Roleplay

Yes, take your pick which of these terms apply to you. I don't know you so you may well be all of them or just one: the ignorant moron. The very fact that you can't seem to comprehend that only adds to this conclusion.

Now, if I called you a mentally-retarded bastard child of a serial rapist and a really ugly horse then that would be an insult. However, I'm not calling you that since I know nothing of your parents or the circumstances of your birth.

So, no apology is needed and sure as hell none is coming.

Your inability to counter my arguments by deliberately (or accidently if you're really that dumb) misinterpreting and misrepresenting what I say as well as your frequent appeals to emotion (ie, claiming I'm comparing you to a murderer or claiming I'm insulting "everyone") only serves to demonstrate your desperate position. As it's been pages since you've even attempted to provide any argument for your position, I'd have to agree with Delerak's observations that you're frustrated and that you're losing this discussion/debate/argument. But that would simply be my opinion.

Just because someone uses the term doesn't mean they are correct in doing so. They'd either be demonstrating their ignorance by using a subjective phrase as a label or deliberately lying if they try to associate with the RPI MUDs.

Again, my 3-year old niece understands this so why can't you?

Show me where I insulted the intelligence of Delerak or Kavir or Mabus or anyone else who posted in this thread besides you? As for you, it's hardly an insult to call you a ignorant since you meet the characteristics of the first word. When I call you ignorant I'm referring to your lack of knowledge and the likelihood that you have a limited education. as for the word moron, when I call you that I'm referring to your lack of intelligence as demonstrated by your inability to comprehend even when it's explained at a level that my 3-year old niece could understand. It's either that or you're being deliberately obtuse, possibly out of desperation. Either way, you come across as a moron.

Which I did because the term is a formal term which has been in use for a decade. Just because you weren't aware of that doesn't mean it wasn't so.

Again, your lack of knowledge in regard to this is why I call you ignorant. Your inability to comprehend this is why I call you a moron. They're not insults so much as they're observations. RPI is a formal term which has been used by a small group of MUDs with a particular set of policy and code characteristics. Like it or not, they are and I'm correct.

"Wrong" is a matter of opinion. In the context of my statement, what I said was perfectly acceptable. I find murderers disgusting and do not get along with them. I find rapists disgusting and do not get along with them. We live in a time where human knowledge has accumulated to unprecedented level and is accessible via techology and resources, be it libraries or universities or even online. With such opportunity to obtain knowledge, I find ignorance unacceptable. When coupled with the egotistical arrogance to assume one is correct in spite of ignorance, I find that disgusting and do not get along people who display these characteristics. Hence I find ignorant morons disgusting as well.

I find people who want to censor speech because they're either too ignorant, too stupid or too biased to discern the difference between subjective "right and wrong" and lawful free speech disgusting too. That doesn't mean I'm calling you all three nor does it mean I'm calling you a rapist or a murderer just because I find your statement as disgusting as I view murder.

Nor am I calling for or suggesting you be banned for it.

I do not need to apologize nor am I going to. You're welcome.

Jason
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote