Thread: What do you do?
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2003, 10:48 AM   #2
hoop

hoop is on a distinguished road
Arrow

My suggestion would probably be for you to find a mud similiar to your own (at least in code) and try to get an IMM Position there to implement your ideas.

Ideas seem to be the easy thing : coding and implenting them are the hard part. So if you can find a mud that has lots of coders, but having trouble coming up with ideas, you can pair your ideas with their coders and make an awesome team.

Of course, you've also stated that you aren't done PLAYING the mud you're currently on, and that makes it tougher. It makes it difficult to Play one mud, and IMM on another mud.

Most IMMs I know have at least played the mud they IMM on, for how else do they know the feel of the mud, what the mortals go through, etc?

Anyway, it is an option. I suppose it is also an option for you to post your ideas on here, and hope that someone uses them, but that is far less fulfilling than seeing them come to pass on your own mud.

hope that helps a bit ?

I know on our mud, we have LOTS of ideas, lots of good ideas even - but having the time for the coders to work on them is very difficult.

Hoop
hoop is offline   Reply With Quote