View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 02:39 PM   #55
Milawe

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about
Re: Looking for an RPI, where the 'I' stands for "Immersive"

I don't think it would be a problem if you used GodWars or GW to denote muds that base themselves off of the original GodWars project. That sounds pretty reasonable, and in a nutshell, seems much more explanatory than PKI. (I'm assuming PKI is PK Intensive?) I would predict that lots of PK muds would not look beyond whether or not they thought their PK was intense and start using PKI whether or not their style is anything like those that resemble GodWars. It's pretty easy to look up information on GodWars and get an idea of what is meant by that style of game, which is what I would do if I were going to see if my game was GodWars-style. (I guess I'd already know that, though, since it's probably hard to just stumble onto a GodWars styled game.) Whereas, if I were to build a PK mud and see Player-Killing Intensive, I would probably think my game was pretty intense and not knowing that it stood for a very specific set of criteria, I might slap it on my page to give new players an idea that there's lots of intense PK on my mud.

Honestly, I thought that GodWars was a code-base for a long time before I started really getting into muds not an actual game. It's pretty well-known.
Milawe is offline   Reply With Quote